Monday, January 14

Read This + more drawings

What I know about Dawn French:-
She's the zany yet lovable Vicar of Dibley
She was ever so annoying in the Coles Flybuys ads
She has really good hair
And really good teeth

What I didn't know about Dawn French:-
She can write
I'm not talking comedy - I'm talking a serious novel that you won't be able to put down


The blurb on Oh Dear Silvia: "Silvia has a secret which only she knows but she is in a coma. The reader gets to know Silvia through her visitors to her hospital bed and their stories help to unlock the secret."

It's brilliant.
Read it.

OK now -  365 drawings.
Are you sick of them yet?

A huge storm last night and a 7 hour power outage meant I had limited time for art.
So I tried something a little bit different.
(Just in case you and I get bored.)


Manga or Anime has a huge following and has always fascinated me.
(It's those eyes again)....
So went slightly wild and got the colour out for this Pirate Boy.


LOVE!
There's something about a pear.
The shape. The colour.
And so fun to draw.
Experimented with some cross-hatching on this one.
A pear or two may pop up again in the next 351 drawings I'm thinking.

Thanks for coming by!
xxx


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Dawn had written a serious book. I have read her previous one and it was good so I will look for this in the library. Thanks for the tip!

    Love the manga art pirate! He is very cute, and what's not to love about pears? I would like to see you paint one. There's a challenge for a future pic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny - loving all your drawings - especially the cow!! I managed my first portrait and got it up on my blog - put a link back to you. I wish I had time to do more. Continually inspired by you - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! Penny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...