Friday, February 25

Diet update + a new book

For my 5 Kilos blog post this week I have to reveal how much I've lost and share a recipe or snack idea.

Well......I'm annoyed to say I am still the same weight as last week. SO not fair since I have the pain to prove how much I have exercised my butt off!!!

I jogged, I walked, I did lunges (killers!), I went to my yoga class, I ate well.....surely the scales HAVE to reward me soon.

To treat myself for all I went through.....I had a blissful massage after work today. If I ever become rich I swear I will get a massage EVERY day.....nothing beats it!

OK, now for my recipe, which I am very happy to share with you since it is both DELICIOUS and HEALTHY......

It's from the book The Biggest Loser Best Recipes and I have made it many many times, even when I'm NOT on a diet cos it tastes so good plus its sooooo quick and easy to cook up after a busy day.

TOMATO CHILLI PRAWNS
Serves 4

1 tsp olive oil
1 chopped onion
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime (or lemon)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup water
salt & pepper
1 kg green prawns (I buy a 1kg bag of frozen green prawns with tails on from Coles - such a handy invention!)
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
steamed rice to serve


Gently cook onion in the oil until soft. Add garlic & chilli and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, lime/lemon zest and juice, sugar and water. Season well with salt and pepper. Simmer 5 mins.
Add prawns and simmer 3 mins or until pink and firm. Throw in chopped coriander and serve with rice.

What's happening this weekend?

Our local show is on....but you know, I really don't feel like going. The kids will whinge severely but I'm just not in the mood. We don't even have anything entered this year....NOTHING!

I think instead we will work on our new vegie garden. I may even have a spare moment to scrap the Feb Design Dollies sketch....


....and read my new book.....

....which I'm hoping will help me along with my challenge.  And if you're wondering.....the "God" she talks about can be interpreted more as Love, Kindness to Yourself and Being All That You Can Be.  The book was featured on Oprah and you can read more about it here.

Toodles peeps!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh you made my mouth water with that recipe (LOL). And I know how you feel about not losing anything in a week - it happened to me last week but this week was much better - have you tried measuring yourself? The scales might not say these's any chage but the tape measure might! Sounds like you've been working super hard oo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! Penny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...