Thursday, October 8

A Thai Recipe and a Camping Trip....

Planning to go camping in the Xmas hols here....

....Wilpena Pound in the Flinders Ranges National Park - a stunning part of Oz that I didn't know existed.  Looks awesome doesn't it!  Then travelling all around the coast here....


....along the Eyre Peninsula in SA.  Of course, the kids think its wonderful and are jumping out of their skins about it.  Even me (with scary childhood memories of camping trips past!!!) - I actually think it will be a fun adventure for all of us!

These hols have been nice and laid back......Tuesday we went and saw...

....this movie is GORGEOUS....go see it, honestly!!!  You will love it to bits.  And the final credits may give you some scrapbooking inspiration!

Yesterday Kate went to a friend's for a sleepover and I took Bessie and Mimi to town for a wander around The Dust Jacket, our local cosy bookstore, then to Coles for the weekly shop and lastly a browse around FDB's - which is never actually a browse....always end up finding a heap of handy little things I "have to have" and find myself spending $50 plus at the checkout!!! 

No scrap pages to show you.....I am busily sorting out the linen closet.  Decided I'm going to pack all the sheet sets into their pillowcases to save all that time rummaging around for matching sets.

I have a recipe though, if you'd like it.........As you know, I've been going to Thai Cooking Class for the past 6 weeks.  It's been SO great!  The recipes have all been absolutely scrummy and we now have home-cooked Thai at least once a week.  Here's one of my faves.....

PAD THAI


Flat rice noodles, soaked in warm water until soft (about 20 mins)
Chicken thigh or breast, finely chopped
Tofu, boiled 1 min until firm, then chopped
red onion
garlic
palm sugar (or brown sugar)
fish sauce
white vinegar
tamarind paste
powdered chicken or vegie stock
1 egg
peanuts, crushed
bean sprouts
juice of a lemon
garlic chives
fresh chilli, seeded and finely sliced
shallots
fresh coriander

You will notice there are no amounts given - this is because its entirely up to you - you have to taste as you go.
Caramelise onion and garlic in hot oiled wok.  Add chicken and fry until starting to turn white.  Add fish sauce, vinegar, tamarind paste, stock powder and sugar to taste.
Add lightly beaten egg and noodles and stir through.
Take off heat and lastly toss through tofu, peanuts, bean sprouts, lemon juice, garlic chives, shallots, coriander and chilli.

Mmmm mmmm.....

The girls are watching "Born Free" right now - I picked it up at the Target DVD sale and had to get it for them - it was a fave of mine as a child (even though I bawled and bawled....)

That's your lot for now.....hope to have some scrapping done for next time!

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hey Penny, you will love Wilpena Pound in SA. We traveled all around it with Mum and Dad as kids. You have inspired me for next time I am at Mum's to pull out the photo album and re-live the memories.
    Enjoy the school holidays and I look forward to seeing your next scrapping creations.
    Mwah Karen xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh about FDBs! I am the same... it is a treasure trove of wonderfully unnecessary bits and bobs and you can never get away from the place with just the item you went in to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my oh my, but you've been busy!

    XX
    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, Wilpena Pound and the Flinders in general are lovely to visit and so is the Eyre Peninsula. Lots of driving around with the same old scenery but when you reach a place with great scenery it really is stunning.
    If you are in Adelaide you will have to give me a call, I''d love to meet you IRL....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! Penny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...