Saturday, September 26

That Recipe & Another Dusty Day

Thanks for the reminder Lin....here's that recipe I promised:

Sausage Rolls

3 sheets Pampas puff pastry, thawed  (you can use the cheap brands but won't be as nice!)
500g sausage mince
1 apple grated
1 carrot grated
1 onion grated or finely chopped
1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
chopped parsely

Firstly, instead of grating the apple, carrot and onion (brings tears to the eyes!) - I peel, core, etc and chuck all of them in the food processor for a whizz.
In a big bowl mix the sausage mince, whizzed up vegies, garlic, cheese and parsley - mushing it all up with your hands is the only way to go (I wear a disposable glove so its not as gross), then prepare your pastry...
Cut each sheet in half to give you 6 rectangles.  Spoon a line of sausage mixture along the middle of each, brush each long edge with a bit of milk, roll up nice and firmly.  Cut into your desired size (I usually cut into 4, but even smaller if doing them for a kids party or finger food), place join-side-down on trays lined with baking paper, brush tops with more milk and prick a couple of times with a fork.
Bake in a hot oven (200 degrees) for 30 mins.  Keep checking and turn trays if needed for even browning.
Tasty little morsels enjoyed hot or cold with your sauce of choice!
Hey, you could get really creative with these and add any filling, seasoning or flavouring you wanted...there's a challenge for you!
I have no picture to show you  - they didn't stay on the plate long enough I'm afraid!

But here's another - the view from my front verandah on Wednesday.  One good thing about dust storms - they show up all your cobwebs!  Lucky for me, I didn't have time to wash the car, clean up the house, etc this week - cos another blanket of dust enveloped us again today! 


I could update you on all the happenings of the past week - but there were too many and I am too tired right now!  But I will tell you I finished Twilight....not the best book in the universe, no, but intriguing enough for me to want to read the next instalment in the series....

If you're bored tomorrow, or stuck inside due to the dust, pop over to the Scrap A While cybercrop - some nice easy challenges caught my eye...

Ta ta for now. xxx

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Pen! Might have a go at these later today.

    I am stuck inside due to the wind. At least it is not so dusty today! Been rescue-ing deck furniture that has blown all around the garden.

    ScrapAWhile is also having a 20% off sale........some tempting goodies in the online store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made those sausage rolls, Pen they are yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, apple in the sausage rolls. How interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some love! Penny x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...